Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The times are A' changin

   About a year ago I remember sitting with one of my BFF's (Eva Blake) and talking about how I was so ready for a change. I wanted to go to a new ward, move, get a new job, meet new people.... it was a pretty hefty list. Flash Forward to one year later and my world is upside down! New school, New Fiance, moving out for the first time in a few months, wedding planning, most likely getting a new job, leaving singles ward (when were married of course) for a family ward, and the biggest change of all... Im getting married! Its amazing how much your world can completely change in one year. And the craziest thing is this time next year I'll be sitting here writing about how weird it is to be married for 6 months. TIme really does fly. 


   I think the main thing that brought about all these previous thoughts was the fact that yesterday I turned 22. Now I know anyone over 22 is sitting there thinking "your still a baby...22 is no big deal... What's she complaining about Im 30!!!" I know. It sounds ridiculous to me too, however, the fact of the matter is I'm a little depressed Im 22. I feel like I should still be a teenager in high school. I had so many goals I wanted to accomplish by the time I was this age that have kinda fallen by the wayside. For the first time in my life I actually feel older. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my life and things are working out the way I had always hoped for right now, but I am still shocked at my age. haha, again i know that sounds pathetic. Luckily I was able to ring in this new year of life with a pretty awesome day consisting of work (which sounds boring but it really wasn't bad) followed by a delicious and extremely fattening dinner at Maggiano's with my parents and Fiance. Oh! and I also got this shiny new computer that I am absolutely OBSESSED with!!! It is by far the most amazing thing I have ever owned. 


   Anyways, the whole message I am trying to get out there today is to be careful what you wish for because seriously, you just might get it! And that I did. Change is good, without change we would never progress. I am super excited for this coming fall semester to be at "a big kid school" in ALL history courses ALL the time!!! and for the day when in just six short months I become Mrs. Jason Barnett. One day at a time and I will try not to get over whelmed! wish me luck folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment