Monday, August 8, 2011

And so it begins....

Wedding plans are in full swing and already Im going crazy. Its litteraly been one week and Im stressed out lol. I'm trying (and failing) to get as much done before the fall semester starts so I dont have to think of what flavor cake I want while attempting to study the dead sea scrolls. We have found the perfect place for the wedding. My father knows the owner and at first it sounded like a sham (claire lol )because its in the heart of Santa Ana, but we walked in and fell in LOVE. It's exactly what we were looking for! Vintage looking with and elegant feel, indoor and outdoor, and its already decorated! Its a one stop shop complete with catering, tables, chairs, dance floor, linens, plates.... everything!

                                                                 ( A little sneak peak)
Anyways, so were in love with this place but my parents dont seem to like it much, which brings me to my next point. I love my parents more than anything and they are AMAZING however, they seem to have some ideas that dont exactly match with mine. Im sure all brides can attest to this but parents really want the wedding their way.. not yours. Everything I like, they hate, and vice versa. Its very hard to find mutual ground but were working on it. Other than that Im pretty lucky on the planning I have an amazing fiance who is willing to help with anything and actually cares about all the stuff we pick and amazing friends who are backing us up! Plus so far we have a free caterer and DJ!!! Thats a few bucks back in our pockets. Hopefully I can at least book the place before school starts but i'll keep you updated... thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment