Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Settling in

Well, as most of you know Jason and I finally tied the knot on March 3, 2012! That means we have one whole month under our belts! It may not seem long to those of you who are going 10, 20, 30+ years but you have to admit its a start! Anyways lets cut to the chase.. getting married is a huge change in your life. Suddenly you go from (in my case) living with mom and dad in Huntington Beach in a big 4 bedroom house, bills paid, food provided, private room... to Anaheim (I'm not a snob, Anaheim is great but it ain't no HB!), in a tiny apartment, bills stacking up in a nice pile, grocery shopping... Who knew you would need things like foil, plastic bags, and batteries??? and the biggest change of all.. living with with a boy! Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my husband more than anything on this earth... but living with a guy is kind of a different world and there are some definite things were still adjusting to.
Differences:
1. He doesn't understand my need to buy certain things..mainly name brand items. He thinks generic is fine, but I prefer name brand... we try to split it 50/50 most of the time. I get that they are often close to the original and cheaper but I can't say I love generic frosted flakes as much as Tony the Tigers...
2. Dinner options: I think: "We'll have chicken, maybe some pasta or rice, veggies, a salad, and a nice dessert..." He thinks: "Macaroni and cheese, Hamburgers, or combine the two and make mac and cheese WITH hamburger... followed by dessert." Which i know isn't just him, boys just love to eat!
3. And lastly, my biggest frustration... morning routine... Jason hears the alarm and that means its time to get up, not to just wake up, but to get up and get going. This is a good quality, however, its not one I possess... I take a loooonnngggg time to get up and get going in the morning. So while I am begging him to go back to sleep, he is bugging me to get up and go, and when I don't get up he reminds me of all the things I have to do! I know I need to get up... and I also know that because he makes me get up I get more done, but sometimes I just want to lounge around!

However, its not all different. Luckily, me and jason actually have a lot of the same qualities and understanding of how life should go...

1. Were both extremely clean. We love to come home to clean house. We always make the bed, dishes are constantly being done, vacuum is constantly going, and bathroom is always being cleaned. This little quality was one of the first things I loved about him (honestly haha) He took care of his stuff, he likes to clean up after himself, and he likes things to look nice... its not something I ever thought I would cherish so much, but having a nice clean home completely changes your day!
2. Television: Besides his love for all things on ESPN... we can usually find something we both enjoy whether its friends, STORAGE WARS (our new favorite show), or some weird documentary or reality show... we can usually settle down for T.V. time pretty easily.
3. Last thing...This is the most important... we love each other. So at the end of the day any little things he does to bug me or the MILLIONS of things I could do to bug him, the major thing we have in common always makes us realize that no matter how new and different married life is, were together and in love and building up our little home.

I Love being married, every second of it. For those of you who are "waiting"to get married... get over it and get on with eternity! Its great! Well thats all the jabber I'll give you for today... until next time!

-Cambri Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment